Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday morning- off to school!

Yippee! First Monday to send my girl out of the door with Daddy. I think she's in a bit of a tailspin. What??!! I have to do this again? When will school end? I'm hoping she will adjust quickly to this new 5 day school week, even if it's only half days. Still- I recognize that exhaustion. It's the hyper-tired girl who bursts into tears at any given moment. Yikes. Especially fun in public.
Went for my first bike ride yesterday! Had David drive me down to the bike shop so that they could attach the trailer. After too many hours spent staring at nuts and bolts I decided to let a professional take over. They attached the trailer and inflated my tires and off I went! Fiona got the first ride in the trailer. "Whoa, crazy lady!" was heard more than once. Although trust me when I say I wasn't going that fast. She's just a little overly cautious- I blame her father. In fact, she wanted to carry on an in depth conversation on the way back and I could hardly spit two words out in response. It was that hard-or I'm in that bad of shape. Either way, I DID it! I overcame my insane embarrassment of being a non-sporty mom in this oh -so -sporty mom town.
Now for a little quiet time (go to sleep, boys. Yes, you!) I could get used to these mornings. I need to feed my reading habit, any good ones lately? Been enjoying Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States." You know, just a little light reading. Although I'm sure the grown up in the back of my brain will soon remind me that I should be doing something productive with my time. Like organizing the garage so that my above mentioned bike can actually fit in there. Or cleaning. Yuck. Laundry. Oh please.

No comments:

Post a Comment