Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy birthday to me!

Okay 35, no big deal. I don't worry too much about getting older, possibly because I don't feel so old. Who knows? Maybe it's because I see it as an opportunity for change, like a new year, with all the possibilities wide open. (Unlike another holiday of the same name with so many failed resolutions + a hangover). Seriously. 35 is good. Now that I'm getting a little more sleep I might actually try to lose some of this leftover pregnancy weight. No more excuses- cuz I'm not having anymore children! Besides, wouldn't I like to look better at 35 than I did at 25?
I made a date to go back to WW tomorrow morning at 9:30. It worked before, I lost 30 pounds! And although my goals are not so lofty this time- I'd settle for 10- I still need some help.
I also went out and bought a bike today so that I could toot around town with the boys in the trailer. Thought it might be a fun way to add some exercise to my days. Now if only I could figure out how to attach that damn trailer. *&^%7* arrgh.
Fiona's finished her first week at preschool. She's absolutely exhausted but I think it went well. A little sad to have our days together coming to an end ( I mean of course her days out of school and my days as a SAHM). But I suppose our time alone at home ended when the boys were born. So I see this as a positive change for both of us. She's no longer bored at home putting up with ,"hold on a minute, babe!" or, "Wait! I'm helping the boys!" and I no longer have to cater to a needy 3 (now 4) year old girl! Good all around. Added bonus: I now can spend some time with these delicious, if not overly rambunctious, boys of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment