Friday, December 4, 2009

Well, looky there. It's December. Slacker! (I say this in a tongue and cheek way- anyone who sees the absolute madness of my daily laugh, feel free to laugh with me.)
I was just addressing Christmas cards and realized that I didn't order enough. I feel like the list has grown exponentially over the last few years. And I guess that makes me glad. I'm also pleased the my stepmother suggested to me keeping all the addresses from my wedding invitation list in a type of file for reference. It was kind of a trip down memory lane addressing those cards. Going through that list of people who came to our wedding, who now receive pictures of our children, made me feel proud of the connections I've made with people over time. Of course there are the aunts and uncles, but also the people who come and go in your life in the most amazing ways. There's Clara, who took care of me each summer of my childhood while I stayed at Grandma Bert's house. A loyal soul, Clara stayed with Grandma Bert all these years, and nursed her until her death in 2007. Clara just lost her husband of 50 plus years to cancer this Fall and it felt good to write to her. To tell her that we still think about her and appreciate the way she's touched our lives. Let her know that she's not alone this Christmas.
So it's almost Christmas. I'm starting to feel like my life is finally making sense again after a few topsy-turvy years here. The boys are so cute- learning new things everyday and making me laugh every moment. Well. Not every moment. Fiona is growing up- we just put in her application for Kindergarten. Whoa! Easy girl, slow down....
Needless to say, change is in the air for 2010 and I'm kind of excited about that.

1 comment:

  1. Okay- just published when I noticed a major problem with the first paragraph. It's supposed to say daily life. But when I went to correct it, the mistake, "Daily laugh" sounded so funny- and was so fitting, that I left it.
    Hahahahahah. Ahhhhaahahahaha. Daily laugh.

    ReplyDelete